Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Quiet Blue

Frigid is colder than freezing. At least I think so. And tonight, it's frigid outside. f.r.i.g.i.d. The frost forms on all our windows. Etching its shapes as a state of claim. Ice latches on outside, clinging to each needle of our trees as if it's always been there. Its molecules diverge: slow down and get their space.


My dogs are quiet. Even when they have to go out. They listen to the frozen air...hear nothing and then look at me. I watch them shift the weight of their little bodies onto different paws; trying to get just an ounce of tepid relief. I only let them out for a quick minute or so. Then it's back to a snuggle-fest of warmth.

I'm happy for the snow. And even the freezing weather. Because sometimes change is nice. Good. A breath of fresh air.

Snow-covered mountains brought a beautifully blue and quiet sunset. I think it's the blue in the sky that makes the night quiet. Not the black so much, but the blue.

It's the dead of winter. But it makes me feel alive.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jason January 11, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

Wow. your posts amaze me every time I read one. The details paint a vivid picture in my mind. I love it.
Thank you for being my wife.

Shalynne Imaging Photography January 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

=) Love you!

Junichi January 12, 2011 at 3:43 AM  

Well put.

Definitely a breath of fresh air !!

Shalynne Imaging Photography January 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

Thanks Junichi! I only took 3 shots...my hands were 100% frozen.

Anonymous January 16, 2011 at 5:15 AM  

So I just googled myself, and found you. First person ever I have found with my name spelled the exact same way!

--Shalynne Figgner

Shalynne Imaging Photography January 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

Hi Shalynne! That's awesome. =) I've never actually met another Shalynne... do people always say it wrong? =) My name is actually Shannon Lynne, but I combine them for my photography. I've answered online to Shalynne for a few years now, so it's becoming me. =) Thanks for the comment lady.

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP