Thursday, August 2, 2012

Personal: It's you.

The other night, we walked to our car on a warm summer evening. A small breeze was blowing, but you could still feel heat on the pavement. You held my hand and we laughed a little about it...since we hardly ever have time for hand-holding. You opened the door for me and then I watched you walk around the front of the car to your door. It felt like a whole minute had passed before you got back in. And just like in the movies, the inside of the car was so silent, I could hear my own heartbeat. I've always admired you. And I love watching you from a distance. The air inside the car must have been a perfect 76 degrees. The greatest temperature ever created. When you finally joined me, I blurted out: "It's crazy J, because I don't know if it's just the air in here or the specific temperature change from out there to in here, but I feel like someone just put a blanket around my shoulders. I wasn't even cold, but the air feels so good, it's like those chilly nights when you think you might be getting cold, but a simple little sweater makes all the difference." I was totally lost in deep thought. And possibly ruined the moment. But, you smiled at me sweetly and said. "Yep, I totally agree." And it might have been then, yea I guess it was then, that I knew it was actually you that made me feel that way. The same way I do when a rare, lazy-day comes around...the ones where you get to sit in front of the television on a snow day and cuddle up to a blanket? Or the first day you light a pumpkin candle in the window. Or the nights you driven home in the rain and watch the streetlights drop off in waterfall reflections on the pavement...and yet you can't quite ever reach them. The same feeling I get sipping hot cocoa at a high school football game. Just the same as snuggling under the covers on a cold night. You do that for me: Give me those good goosebumps and make me feel cozy, just by being around you.

I can hardly believe that 9 years has escaped us. It seems more realistic to think about a long 9 minutes. Time does that to me. As soon as it's over, it doesn't seem like it's hardly ticked by to begin with. I love that about us. 

Thank you for making me feel cozy. Thank you for making me a mommy. And thank you for making me so darn happy

Happy 9th Anniversary, my love. Here's to the next 99.  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP