Friday, October 7, 2011

Personal: Patience is a Virtue

Today is October 7th!

It's my DUE date. And so far, I'm not due...or even feel like I will be. I am shocked that I'm even writing about it because it wasn't until this week that I've understood all the other mama's out there who talk about their babies 24/7. Patience is SUCH a Virtue--and I feel badly for being so impatient. For SO many women, 40 weeks is simply what pregnancy is...and for many more, it's 40+ weeks. I just never thought I'd be so "lucky"...to have a baby healthily grow in my belly for SO long and my heart goes out to all the mommies who don't make it so far!

The Dr's told me a full-term baby was nearly impossible, most likely not going to work, or to end up scary in the middle. I still can't say I'm in-the-clear because, well, I'm still waiting to hold a healthy little baby. BUT, I have beaten the odds, and shattered all the predictions of the 6 Dr's who've cared for me. Success!!

I can't wait to see his little face and show him the letter I'd written so early on when I was frightened for his well-being. And then kiss his chubby cheeks!

Love you, my little baby.

Photobucket


1 comments:

Katie October 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

What a blessing. I was just telling some friends last night, "My God is bigger than your statistics." How blessed we are to have doctors who care for us and our loved ones, and for a God who can defy the odds. Still praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Can't wait to meet him.

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP