Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lifestyle Shoot: Whitney Schey

My husband, Jason, and I were sitting in an arena at our first WPPI convention...alongside those of us HUGE fans of Jasmine Star. We were among thousands, but somehow she stood out and I whispered to my husband, "I know her!" "Who?!," he asked me. "That girl down there. The gorgeous one with the awesome blunt bangs and short blond hair." He rolled his eyes, most likely thinking I was crazy and more likely hoping I wouldn't make a scene. And yet, I wasn't even sure how I knew her. I started rummaging my brain for how it was possible I couldn't place her. I sat in awe, listening to Jasmine (and other wonderful women photographers) talk about the industry and what they've learned. As the women were talking, though, it suddenly dawned on me. I'm such a Jasmine Star Blog-Stalker that I'd see this girl ON her blog! The realization of it made my neck hot with embarrassment, but I was sure that's where I'd see her. When our class ended, I approached her. And since I'm so awesome at first introductions, (cough), I touched her shoulder and said eloquently, "Hi, um, so this is really weird but..."

I am definitely not smooth, and usually come across as snobby and mean...at least that's what I've been told. Totally heartbreaking to be honest, but Whitney...well, she's a gem. I felt like I'd known her all my life and she wasn't even the least bit offended that I'd recognized her as a result of blog-stalking. Well...at least she was kind enough to convince me she wasn't! =)

Last month, Jason and I traveled to Cali for my BFF's wedding!! The second we landed, we drove to Laguna Beach for a shoot with Whitney! After seeing her in Jasmine's blog, I remember wishing it had been me who'd photographed that epic nautical shoot! I was green with envy and a song my husband has sang one too many times entitled "Jealousy" was ringing in my ears. Her style is everything in person I want my photography to be and I couldn't have been more stoked to see her through my viewfinder and, bonus!, realize she's just as beautiful on the inside. Lucky for me, Whitney is a fabulous photographer herself, so Jason and I got to model in all our pre-baby glory. And I'm hearing only one word at this point: Holllla! Oh, and Amen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I have this thing for owls now. I blame my friend Katie, who has an owl obsession! Earlier this year, I'd searched for owl-themed items that would be good thank-you gifts for her. Now I'm constantly seeing them around vintagy stores I go to. Maybe it's that they remind me of her and make me happy, but suddenly I want them all for myself! I'm thinking, then, it's probably no coincidence that this small affair I'm having with owls was suddenly laughable as Whitney had one tattooed on her foot! This...is just awesome. =)

Photobucket

And as for your other tattoo...Whitney, I love Jesus too. =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Whitney, YOU ARE gorgeous!!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP