Monday, December 10, 2012

Personal: 30 years ...& our together




To know you, is to LOVE you. --B.B. King




I feel I have failed you on some level. In this world, we spend our days trying to live in the moment, but all too often rushing to the next thing. Wishing for another great adventure and always wanting more. I am guilty of this. And yet, feel some sort of pang in realizing that unlike in the "real world," I did NOT plan a huge birthday bash for you. It makes me sad.Officially today, you have graced this world for 30 amazing years. And I have been a part of almost 20 of them. Soon enough, we will have been together longer than we've been apart. It's a fact that makes me giddy just thinking about it. 

I wanted today to be special. More special than our other days. And trust me, I have more excuses reasons, as to why I couldn't pull it together and plan something sublime. But today, we will spend the majority of our day like any other: Together. In love.

...Funny how when I write that out, and really look at it, it suddenly...looks special. 

There won't be a big party, but we will make our own celebration. And the whole town will hear our laughter today. You are the best man I've ever known, my favorite person in the world, and the only one, I know, who is brave enough to walk this life with me. 

To your next 30 years. And the 30 after that. 
I am blessed to ever have known your love and will forever be smitten you. 

Happy 30th Birthday, J. 

Photobucket

0 comments:

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP