Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fashion: Big City. Small Country

Two weeks ago I shot an editorial piece with two of my favorites! NatoshaLuccia. It was a concept shoot for a new fashion publication called Zephyr and seeing these in print is, well, fabulous! 

The whole idea behind this shoot was strange, but it worked out better than I'd hoped--A country girl's dream of the big city life---Half of it shot through the the projections of city-life photography. I shot the first part outdoors in natural light against a gorgeous fall sunset. Then we did studio work with big-city images projected onto a white wall. All of the pictures I projected onto her were photographs I'd taken in the major cities of Europe. I printed the transparencies myself and was even able to acquire the same projector I'd taken notes from in the forth grade! Which, is pretty crazy. ;)  Luccia danced & posed her socks off (literally!) in front of pictures of Paris, Florence, Venice, Amsterdam, and Rome. And we overlaid images of famous architectural buildings like the Louvre, the Colosseum, and the Eiffel Tower, which made for the most wicked of lines across her face. 

I'm so excited to share these and happier yet that I tried something crazy new. I totally stepped out of my comfort zone for the second part of this series. And seriously deserve a gold star. Want to see it in print? You can order a copy here. ...thanks Mom. ;) 





"small COUNTRY life" 



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





"big-CITY life" 




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Love to Natosha Cooke Makeup Artistry for Makeup and Hair & Francesca's Collections in Boulder for the wardrobe and fabulous jewelry. 



1 comments:

gina khrestsov November 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

awesome composition.. love this idea!

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP