Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weddings: Jasmine Star's Workshop. Extravaganza.

The first time I heard her speak, I was totally taken aback by her knowledge, confidence, and poise. She commanded the attention of the entire room and I swear you could hear a pin-drop. That is, in-between all the laughter that inevitably accompanies her! I think laughter itself follows her like a shadow. She's Funny. With a capital "F." But smart and ridiculously talented too. Oh, and not to mention pretty. It's almost just too much, but then again, I think that's how we all view the people we look up to, aspire to be like, and in a way, somewhat idolize. They have few flaws. At least that we see... And while there's all this good about her, there is just as much great. Jasmine Star is legit. And she's willing to share her how-tos and wealth...with just about anyone who wants to listen. 

Last week was somewhat of another dream-come-true for me. I feel like I have a lot of those. And more than one has involved this photography icon. I flew to California with 20 other photographers...er, shall I say,  J* groupies? I feel like there has to be some kind of nick-name for all of us who freakin' love her, but either way, this is truth: I was fortunate enough to spend a full day (and a few hours) with her and my new groupie friends. Jasmine's workshop was AWEsome. It was overwhelming and insightful and she has taught me so much that my to-do list might never end at this point. I have so much to learn still and much I will be changing. But it's her passion, dedication, and compassionate personality I want to emulate most. I won't ever be the "Jasmine Star" in my own group of friends, nor do I ever think someone will approach me with sweaty palms and ask me for a picture. But...if I can get even ONE person to appreciate or learn something from me the way I have with her, I think I'd smile all the way to China. That's huge. And not because I'm going there...it's because China is super far away. ;) 

Here are some images of my time with Jasmine and the rest of my talented, new friends. 

Photobucket

I may or may not have commented on how high-end the water was. Four times. Or the personalized notepads...
Photobucket


I knew our photo-shoot would have beauties in it, but Erin and Brandon were gorgeous. Newly married and so in love...it was pure eye candy. =) 

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So pretty, we were all trying to "politely" get the same shots! =) 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Eeek! Gorgeous!! Love to Vivian Tran who rocked out Erin's entire look. Hair, make-up, magic! All her. =) 

Photobucket

So much gorgeousness to shoot. Just trying to sneak it on in there! 
Photobucket

Erin's bouquet was made by JL Designs. So, so beautiful! 
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The following are my personal favorites. I love seeing the in-between. I didn't have a great first-person angle for these as I was tucked up against the wall of a tunnel. But what I could see was breathtaking. I wasn't close to either of them, but even from a distance, both of their eyes sparkled. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jasmine (& JD of course), you rock. Thank you THANK YOU for allowing me to peek at your life. I will never forget this day. I want to climb to the roof and just jump off! Okay, so I won't actually be doing that, but you catch my drift! Hugs to you both. And love, Shannon
Photobucket




3 comments:

Mark Potter July 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

Love it Shannon, and love your photos! It truly was an amazing experience... one that I wish went on for longer than a day. It was awesome meeting you - let's stay in touch. I'm excited to see where things lead for you.

Tammynize July 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM  

so pretty shannon! I'm just loving your black and white edits! It was a totally dream and so glad to have met you!

Edith Levandoski June 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM  

Thank you so much for writing this blog post! I'm attending her workshop this August and it's so nice to see how inspired and motivated you came out from it! I hope your business has been doing wonderful since!

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP