Sunday, December 4, 2011

Brown Palace & DU Wedding: Michael + Jen

She was as calm as a snowy winter's eve. Quite a juxtaposition from the weather outside: bright blue skies and screaming fall color. I can't remember a time I saw a bride so calm. So truly ready to get married! While I shot pictures, Jen casually slipped in to her dress, aided by only her mother and sister-in-law, Katie. And since Katie and I have been friends for years, it was hard to believe I was shooting a wedding: No job has been so easy...so fun.

We followed a small timeline of shots Jen had wanted in the Brown Palace before her small chapel ceremony at Denver University. Fortunately, we were able to take full advantage of the gorgeous sliver of Colorado weather in mid-November.

Opting for a first look was an advantage because of ambient light, but it melted my heart. Never have I see such pure love coming from an anticipating groom. As Jen took the long walk to the tiny chapel, her honorable fiance, Staff Sergeant, Michael, wore his heart on his sleeve. A day shy of Veteran's day, an oak tree rustled its red leaves quietly nearby as they shared their moment. And for a minute, I couldn't believe I was a part of it.

Jen and Michael, I hope you've enjoyed your first few weeks as a married couple! Thank you for allowing me to document your journey, your day, and your love. I wish you nothing short of happiness, longevity, and light! Hugs, Shannon

Photobucket

Jen and Michael's wedding was held at The Brown Palace in Denver, CO. Although photographing the dimly-lit interior is a challenge, the architecture is breathtaking.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While even I could hardly see Jen approaching...
Photobucket

...there was not doubt Michael could see her!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pre-ceremony photos are awesome...especially in the winter months.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The wedding party! Classicly simple...a bride with her new groom, brother, and sister-in-law.
Photobucket


Jen's mother offered a small touch-up before heading into the chapel:
Photobucket


Photobucket

A hug from her brother, Chris, and it was ceremony time!
Photobucket

The wedding was held inside of the beautifully rustic Evan's Memorial Chapel at DU.
Photobucket

The inside was just as picturesque.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Having a reception at the Brown Palace makes the whole day feel magical.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The following image, which sums up the night, was taken by my awesome 2nd shooter, Jarrod. He is fabulous. As you can see!
Photobucket



To see more of Michael and Jen's Brown Palace wedding, feel free to CLICK HERE for a slideshow.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Credits:
2nd Shooter - Jarrod Renaud
Reception/Catering - Brown Palace Hotel, Denver
Flowers - Chuck Graham - Brown Palace Flower Shop


I wanted to give special thanks to my husband Jason, who came as my personal assistant and, coincidentally, third shooter that night! As this was my first wedding after our brand new baby, it was awesome having him there. And dang it if he didn't get some greats shots too. =) ♥ you babe.


2 comments:

Kitty December 5, 2011 at 6:02 PM  

Shannon your work is so beautiful. Paul and I had our wedding reception at the Brown Palace 3.5 years ago and I wish we could have had you take our photos! You got some really cool shots of the inside! I hope you're enjoying life as a new mama :)

Shalynne Imaging Photography December 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

You are so sweet! I had no idea you were married there! =) I'd love to see your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to say that. Hope you and Paul are doing well and I am loving being a mama.

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP