Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Shoot: The BFF's belly.

When I was a child, my parents would set up a lawn sprinkler for me and my brother in the heat of the summer. We had nothing more than bare feet and smiles that year, and running through the water was the greatest joy I think my little heart could have known. The freshly cut lawn my dad was methodical about  grooming squished under our little toes. Our mother watched from the deck in a lawn chair, sunning herself. Our laughs echoed throughout our neighborhood...

I have the same feelings with Kimmy. Sure, we're almost 30...but when we're together, it's like running through the sprinklers all over again. Sunshine, splashing, and laughter. 

The most wasted of days is one without laughter. - E.E. Cummings

My best friend (in the whole world) is pregnant! And breathtakingly beautiful at that. I can hardly wait for her son to meet mine. I have a feeling they will crawl around in the mud, build sand castles, and eat dirt together. And I dream of Kimmy and I's laughter as we watch them run through the sprinklers in dew-filled grass...hearts a pitter patter. 

A small peek at Kimmy's belly during her short visit this month...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


All images were taken at my tree nursery during an impromptu 10 minute shoot with her. =) Happy Spring!!

2 comments:

Kimmy April 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM  

Love you Shanny! You're so
Talented. Lucky to have you as my best <3

Garrett April 30, 2012 at 4:25 AM  

She REALLY is breathtakingly beautiful! So glad you two were able to spend some great time together, and I think your prediction of our boys playing is probably very accurate! Thank you for taking these and sharing the link. These photos cover my wall and one is kept inside my kevlar helmet :)

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP