Thursday, July 28, 2011

Senior Portraits -- MyLeah Krause

I have long since realized the value of family. I think, however, that when I was younger, I just took it more for granted...but I can honestly say that I am most thankful for the family I do have and most envious of others for the family-life I think they have. Over the weekend, my husband and I were fortunate enough to attend my BFF's wedding in California. As I'm well into my 7th month of pregnancy, this was interesting to say the least! But night after night with her wonderful family, we found ourselves eagerly anticipating the start of our own. Truly there can be nothing better than the love and friendship you have with your family...and for me, the more the merrier!

Which brings me to my next point: my cousin, MyLeah. I have known her since birth, but I see her only once a year. I remember when she was born, her and her sister, and how very excited I was to have girls in the family! Little did I realize then how heartbreaking it would be to have girl cousins who lived in TX when we lived in CO. I loved my brothers no doubt, but I couldn't paint their nails or curl their hair! Well I could, but they might have been upset. =) MyLeah was my refuge. Even at the age when most teens are "too cool for school" I was thrilled to be able to see my cousins when they came to town, riding in the car with a smile plastered to my face, red nail-polish in hand. I have always wanted a sister, but since that's really out of the question, I'll embrace the sister-cousin's I have...and keep my fingers crossed for a daughter someday in the future.

My prayer for you, MyLeah, is that your spirit soars and your dreams take you to the corner of your smile! Cherish those whom you call family and know how much you are loved. Thanks for always coming to visit me and for being the little sister I never had. Hugs and Love, Shanny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh MyLeah...you are so gorgeous!
Photobucket


0 comments:

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP