Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Eddie's bad kinda day...

My little boy Eddie went to the groomers today. Usually he loves it and when he comes home softer than down and smelling like a mint julep, er, well, I LOVE it, but he doesn't complain. At least usually. Today was different however; his day turned into the terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad day kind of day--because usually Eddie get's shaved by Jenny. A sweet girl who seemed to have taken a special liking to Eddie when I first brought him a few years ago. Jenny and Eddie get along. And when he's all done being cut, washed, clipped, and perfumed, she always give him a super positive report card. She even files his nails and shaves the pads of his feet! But Jenny wasn't there today. I knew about it. Thought about rescheduling. But decided I'd already put his pampering session off a little too long...and I could barely see his big, brown eyes anymore, so I took him in. Shortly after a phone call, I was kind of regretting it:

"Shannon? Yea, um, this is the pet groommers and I wanted to let you know that Eddie moved a little bit on the table and so his groomer kind of cut his ear a little bit. We took him to the vet and we think it's totally fine now and it's got some good glue on it, so he's ready to go."

...Um...er...Seriously?! This is my baby and you cut his ear a "little bit" and put "glue" on it?! I think I even laughed because of how ridiculous it sounded. I stuttered for awhile and said I'd be in to pick him up as soon as I could. When I arrived I was asked to pay. Wait, what? "Well, um yes you do. I mean, we only cut him a little, so..." Lol. So. Right. Obviously I should have known that the only way a $60 hair-cut would be comped, would have been if they'd cut him "really bad." Thanks for the clarity. I can forgive the groomer, but when a manager tells you they can't waive the hair-cut fee and then said they can't really be to blame because it was my dog who moved his head during his shave...something's gotta give. And it wasn't my wallet. ;)

He's all in one piece and looking rather cute, but as a mommy, I can see a little bit of his confidence in my groomer-choosing ability slip away. Little guy didn't even wag his tail or want a picture of his new do, poor thing. I'm spending tonight making it up to him: peanut-butter treats and a snuggle on the couch. Tomorrow, we'll be calling Jenny.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP