Saturday, October 23, 2010

it took a Maple to remind me...

I want to post...pictures from all my latest shoots...images of what life's been like, but life's so busy, so full, so fun, that I haven't had time. It's funny because sometimes I'm upset about not being able to post, upload, announce, or edit every little thing I've done, but then I stop a second and think: Hey Shan? You're to busy living life to stop and share it. Lol. Okay so it's not such a bad thing...but I LOVE sharing. Mostly because it helps me remember. And I can look back and grin, laugh, or even cry at something I might have otherwise forgotten.

Tonight though, I have to share just one thing: a moment today that gave me pause.

Today was Saturday. My Saturdays, unlike that of most everyone I know, are not relaxing. It's not full of dog walks, sleeping in, yard work, or catching the latest matinée. Saturday are crazy! Running a tree nursery with my husband, Jason, is the joy of my life (aside from my photography), but today we averaged 4.3 sales an hour. That's insane! Insane for a company like mine to be THAT busy in late October! For a few moments, I allowed myself to become overwhelmed while I dealt with customer after customer after customer. My mind was thinking of a million different things:

"the client standing in front of me talking
I'd love some shade in our yard, maybe color?
where are our shade trees ..what size are they?
how much?
ah, her little kid is so cute I wish I had my camera
wait my camera! did I email that model yet?
from LA? we're on right?
yes, the tree's gets 45 feet
the colors are intense...a burning crimson, slightly orange/pink
oh man I should order pizza for the boys
where's Jason?!
I probably won't have time to get the dog's shots they need before I leave
I leave
Ahh! So much to do
So much stress it's making my face break out...
i never break out, what's going on
ugh, it's only cosmetic, but you're causing it!
...Man it's so nice outside
stop complaining
God is good...soak it up Shannon.
life's amazing.
cute kid.
that's awesome, my favorite trees are October Glory
of course we match prices, here, let me show them to you..."


Photobucket

Insane right? It was staring at this tree when I stopped....again. Like I haven't learned this already 100 times over: Luke 12:22-31. "[...] not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these [...]" Life is good. I am blessed. I love my life!! And for whatever reason, it took an October Glory Maple to remind me of that.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP