Monday, November 12, 2012

Fashion Bridals: SunSoaked Cotton

A month ago, I traveled to Louisiana for the first time. I went there to take a two-day workshop with a photographer I'd followed religiously for a few years. Hunter Leone is amazing, an inspiration, and a ridiculous photographer, who also has the best little family. And while I have yet to post the images I shot while at his workshop (they are so good!!), I have another shoot I did out there I've been dying to share. 

The morning I was set to fly home, I woke up before dawn with one of my most favorite models. Another workshop attendee was kind enough to get up with us and drive us 30 minutes into the country so we could shoot the sunrise above the cotton-fields! (Thank you Boris!) It was honestly a dream shoot. And yet there was no styling. A simple glass jar, a bridesmaid dress from a recent wedding she was in, and a bit of eyeliner. This is how I see "Bridals" going in the future: Just a simple shoot to showcase how absolutely stunning a bride can be just as she is. This type of shoot is totally nontraditional for Bridals, but sometimes simplicity says all. No bouquet, just cotton. LOVE! That morning was gorgeously foggy as the sun stretched its rays over the horizon, which literally soaked every single piece of cotton. Brytny was enveloped in light and my finger was like a lead weight on the shutter. 

Sometimes, the best shoots are the ones that come out of nowhere, with no planning, and no end-game. This is one of those.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I need to mention the sweet older gentleman who owned the property and gave us his blessing to shoot on it: Ray V, you're the man! ;) 
Thank you Brytny, for always bringing magic with you. 
Thank you Boris, for the transportation. 
And Hunter, thanks for living where you do...I doubt I would have ever traveled to LA or ever seen cotton if it weren't for you! ;) 


5 comments:

Sam Martucci November 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM  

Beautiful set!!

Shalynne Imaging Photography November 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM  

Thank you so much. =)

jnc001 November 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM  

I WISH I had gone with you guys for this shoot!!!!!

Ali Brannan November 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM  

Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous!

gina khrestsov November 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM  

this girl is amazing!!!. her hair, and eyes!!. beautiful sunset/sunrise? images!!...

Follow me!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP